Cheerio!
It's been a few days, sorry I've kept you all on the edge of your seat waiting for a new post, heh heh... Anyways, it seems as though you're all doing well, enjoying summer, partying a lot, traveling a lot, etc. Fantastic!
...Speaking of travel, I booked my first trip of the summer this morning to Nice, France!!! Ah, yes, I'll be spending four lovely days with Steph Musso and some of her family and friends in the French Riviera..... Only a 2 hour flight away! We'll also probably be taking a day trip to Monaco. It's a tough life.
What else... work has been cool. This weekend I was at the Hampton Court Palace (gorgeous and ridiculously old) serving dinner before Eric Clapton's performance as part of some 2-week long music festival they were having there. I only saw a glimpse of him on stage but I did get to hear the entire show tonight and most of it last night while cleaning up after dinner and it sounded fantastic.
World Cup started today - Craziness, very similar to Red Sox Nation. I could get into this. England won. Hope I can watch the next game at a pub!
Oh, and an update on the previously mentioned date with French boy. It started out perfectly and was quite nice for about 20 minutes during our walk from my flat to Portobello Market but I have two notes for him on future dates with other women:
1. Bring money. I'm not a gold digger by any means but it'd be nice for a chap to buy me a drink if he's the one asking me out. Bought him a $6 glass of wine cause he suggested "You have a drink then, I'll just sit with you," but that's completely ridiculous.
2. Don't insult people from the native country of your date. When I finished my glass of wine, I told him I'd be going out to meet some friends (not true although I did end up buying a bottle of wine and ice cream for Meg, Casie & I and meeting some Americans in the store haha). He asked if something was wrong and I was honest in my response - only informing him that I wasn't the biggest fan of our conversation about Americans and it was insulting. Believe me, I'm completely aware of the general reason why people around the world may dislike Americans but that in no way should group them all together in the same category. I can't even really remember all he said, I just remember how it made me feel. The ironic part about it is that he was born in L.A. and has a U.S. passport. Anyways, I walked him to the subway entrance and he said "I'll see you soon?" and I replied with "Have a good night, bye." Ha.
Random sidenote: The flavors of potato chips here are quite... different. Let's see, Smoky Bacon, Prawn Cocktail (Prawns = shrimp), Roast Chicken, Beef & Onion, Onion & Cheese, yea you get the point. Also, they call them "crisps" and they call french fries "chips."
Plans for my day off tomorrow are: put on bathing suit, purchase a few Bacardi Breezers or wine coolers and perhaps some ice, and lounge in Hyde Park all day with the girls. Perfect!
P.S. If anyone knows of a good website to put pics on that's not Webshots or Yahoo! and doesn't require people to login to see my stuff, AND lets me put lots and lots of pics up for free, please share your knowledge. Thanks!
Miss you all & spontaneous dance parties in Boston! Nite :-*
4 Comments:
while reading the cliffs notes version of your post, I read that you saw clapton!? omggggggggggggggg...he's like a god...of guitar...second to Jimi, of course. kthxbai
ha...^--this is funny
adamo
Haven't you seen Ringo yet?
ringo? oh yea we text all the time. had a pint together last night. he's a sweet old chap.
who keeps leaving me anonymous messages??? =-O
Post a Comment
<< Home