I made it! I just arrived at my hostel - it's called 'Wake Up! London' - and let me tell you, all I want to do is take a nap, haha oops! I've been awake for a long long time and sleeping for a few minutes here and there on a plane is not enough. They fed us dinner at about 1030pm and then most of the plane passed out.... I think I slept a lot but it feels like I didn't sleep at all... then at one point I noticed it was sunny out and they started serving breakfast, even though my body felt like it was 4am.. strange! It took a realllyyy long time to get to the hostel from the airport on the tube, and then lugging my overpacked suitcase(s) a few blocks to the place... so here I am in the lobby. Not sure how much I'll really do today. There is a BUNAC pub meet tonight so once I get a little cat nap I can go and make me some friends. I also need to buy a hairdryer haha... And tomorrow morning is the BUNAC orientation at 10:30am.
Really, though, it's mostly surreal that I'm here in London. It doesn't feel like I've traveled all that far. I think that's a mix of shock + sleep deprivation. Well, I hope you're all well and I miss you all already! I can't wait to get a cell phone - even though I really only have one person to call so far (Karly!) I feel so strange without one!! Alright, I think my room is almost ready... write me notes back, I want to hear from you!! Send me any juicy stuff to: stacy.staranowicz@gmail.com
lata! :)
4 Comments:
Glad you made it there safely! Can't wait to hear what's next. Have fun! Cya chickie, ME
YAY!! You made it! :o)
I just thought you would like to know that you not only have my support, but I was telling my niece (who is 10 months old) about you taking a trip to London, and she just said "Gooooooooo." I think Elmo taught her that, but it still applies. Love ya! Have fun!!!!
Dood... i think your lil niece was telling you to GOOOOOOO to london. !!!!!!
thanks for the comments, friends. off to the pub i go!!!!
Stacy - MaryEllen sent me your blog address. This is so neat. I feel like I'm reading Bridget Jones' Diary. Have a blast!!
Riv
Post a Comment
<< Home