30 May 2006

Hii.... Thank you guys for your encouragement. Specifically Matt, suggesting I be a go-go dancer. Haha, unfortnately my program does not allow me to participate in: professional sports, freelancing, or performing. Dang! :)

Well the good news is (perhaps too good to be true?) that I got a flat! In NOTTING HILL! Out of control. The place is slightly bigger than my mother's walk-in closet at home. Haha, seriously I'll have to measure it. Its just a small room that will fit: single bed, table & 2 chairs, dresser, and has kitchen stuff along the wall, with a big window. You may be wondering why I chose to take such a small place all alone.... Well yesterday I went to visit a few flats just outside of Central London (just in Zone 2) and they were the two most frightening apartments I've ever seen. The second one was worse - an old pub that I think would collapse if I sneezed - and the hilarious part is that it was only slightly less in rent than the Notting Hill apartment that I'll be moving into tomorrow. Yes, tomorrow! And even better, Meg & Casie will be sharing a room in the same building. Keep your fingers crossed that nothing goes terribly wrong, here. Somehow I think it has to be too good to be true!

Next: A job! I have two interviews tomorrow. I've noticed lots of office assistant type jobs that are temp/for the summer, etc, but I don't know what it is... I can't stomach the idea of 40 hours a week at a desk. I'd rather work somewhere where I can interact with plenty of people and not sit all day. I'll be sitting at a desk until I retire, most likely, so why do that now? However, I will at this point take whatever I can get.

Anyways, if you all could share some of the heat you've been having, that'd be lovely. It didn't rain today (yet) haha... but it's bloody cold here! BLOODY.

:)

5 Comments:

At 30 May, 2006 16:57, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOORAY! That's so exciting! I think when the english men said that you were "dynamic" what they really meant was "That girls is POISONNN"

hahha :)

~Steph

 
At 30 May, 2006 17:02, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so happy you got a place. I can't wait to see pictures. So am I going to have to sleep in a drawer in the dresser when I come to visit??? haha.

Good luck with your move and I'll call you tomorrow.
cya chickie!!!
ME

 
At 30 May, 2006 21:41, Blogger Stacy said...

musso - HAHA

mary ellen - what do you think i'm turning japanese? hahahhah the dresser drawer may be the only spot i have room for an extra person unless you want to snuggle hahaha :) cant wait til u come visit!

 
At 30 May, 2006 22:08, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah stace congrats on getting a place! remind me what notting hill is famous for again? haha...sorry...I know I've heard of it but cant remember where or why. Ha!
Hey so if I ever come to visit you I would be forced to share the bed with you. S C O R E!

haha jk...or AM I? ;-)

-Adam

 
At 30 May, 2006 23:31, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mary Ellen, it sounds like an old Seinfeld episode. Remember the Chinese guys sleeping in the drawer? Don't worry, you'll fit.
Good goin Stacy!
Love,
Momma

 

Post a Comment

<< Home